Opening hours:Mon – Fri 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
We recommend scheduling an appointment during business hours under +43-1-330 34 68-17 or via mail: visamedicalsmedau.at.
If you contact us via email, please add your Case Number.
Results of your medical will be ready within five working days and will be sent electronically to the consular section. Please note that fasting is not required for the blood test.
What to bring to your medical:
- Letter of invitation & CEAC (consular electronic application center) confirmation page given to you by the US consulate,
- Valid passport (please use the same one that you have been using for your visa request),
- Complete vaccination information (please find requirements below),
- Noteworthy x-rays and/or blood tests,
- List of medications you are taking,
- If pregnant, please provide medical certificate including estimated date of birth,
- Intended address in the USA
|Children under 14 years:||€ 310,00|
Blood Test syphilis € 30,00
Urine test, gonorrhoea € 20,00
Extra expenses may occur for necessary vaccinations. Requirements are listed below.
Please be informed that we accept cash payment only.
US immigration law stipulates certain vaccinations for applicants prior to visa issuance (please find respective list of age groups below). Requirements will be reviewed by us.
|Tetanus, Diphterie Toxoide, Pertussis (Td/Tdap)||Td from 2 months - 6 years; Tdap 7 years and older|
|Poliomyelitis||2 months - 17 years|
|Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR)||1 year - 64 years, if born after 1956|
|Rotavirus||2 - 6 months|
|Influenza Typ b (Hib)||2 - 59 months|
|Hepatitis A||12 months - 18 years|
|Hepatitis B||birth - 59 years|
|Meningococcal (MCV/MPSV)||11 - 18 years|
|Chickenpox (Varicella)||from 1 year|
|Pneumococcal||2 - 59 months, after 65 years|
|Influenca||6 months and older (during Flu Season)|
|COVID Vaccine |
See the COVID-19 Technical Instructions for the
details of this requirement
All vaccinations including fees are offered at reduced prices.
Medical Examination Procedures (depending on requirements)
Listed examinations are mandatory.
Medical examinations that have been conducted prior to your medical with us cannot be accepted. Nevertheless it is appreciated if you bring those along as they might help for comparison purposes.
In exceptional cases additional examinations might be required at medical specialists (your choice). This may delay results of your medical.
Medical History; Please bring all relevant medical notes, letters, exam results showing details of existing medical or psychiatric problems and current treatments. It`s better to have more information than less.
- Physical Examination,
- Blood Test syphilis (18- 44 years),
- Urine test, gonorrhoea (18 - 24 years),
- Chest x-ray (15 years old and up) at our contractual partners; Diagnose Zentrum Brigittenau (diagnostics centre Brigittenau), A- 1200 Vienna, Pasettistraße 71-75. The diagnostics centre can be reached by bus within 10 minutes. Please proceed there right after your medical exam, results will be handed to you immediately.
- Children up to the age of 14 years do NOT require chest x-ray, blood test and urine test,
- Pregnant women DO require a blood test and will be x-rayed under special safety precautions,
- X-rays, blood tests and urine tests that have been conducted upfront cannot be accepted.
- For children from Ukraine between the ages of 2-14 an IGRA blood test is required. Results can take up to 10 days to be completed. Please consider this when making travel plans.